More than 30 No Boundaries members and invited guests met in Ann Arbor, Michigan from October 25 to 27 to learn about maintenance management innovations. The demonstrations, presentations, and Q-and-A opportunities fostered face-to-face tech transfer among practitioners in attendance.
Conference highlights included:
- Presentations by seven state DOTs on their successes and lessons learned in using maintenance management systems.
- A live demonstration of unmanned aerial systems (drones) being studied and used by Michigan DOT and Michigan Tech Research Institute for maintenance applications.
- An equipment demonstration and presentation by Michigan DOT on its use of automatic vehicle locator systems on both snowplow trucks and spray herbicide trucks.
- A tour of the Mcity automated and connected vehicle testing facility at the University of Michigan.
No Boundaries worked with Michigan DOT to capture videos of selected presentations and demonstrations. Click a video to play and expand to full screen.
No Boundaries members also began scoping focus areas and technology transfer activities for 2017. The group is planning face-to-face meetings, webinars, videos and newsletters on key maintenance topics, such as:
- Maintenance training opportunities and best practices
- State DOT innovation rodeos and showcases
- Automated data collection and application
- Performance based management