October 16-18, 2018
More than 30 attendees participated in No Boundaries’ second meeting of 2018, hosted by Texas DOT in Austin on October 16-18.
One-on-one technology transfer activities and peer information sharing addressed a range of topics relevant to non-winter transportation maintenance. Discussions for the meeting included:
- Award-winning innovations in maintenance from No Boundaries member agencies
- Roundtables on unmanned aerial vehicles (drones), horizontal alignment warning signs, and adopt-a-highway programs
- Updates on asset management programs, training and apprenticeship programs, and No Boundaries’ planned sessions at the 2019 TRB Annual Meeting
In addition, technical visits included a tour of the fleet shop where Texas DOT fabricates maintenance vehicles (such as herbicide trucks and sign trucks) and a demonstration of the agency’s pavement management system and equipment.
During its business meeting, members tentatively selected the next meeting for May 2019, with Colorado DOT hosting.
Colorado presentation – training academy; college degree program
Innovation Programs Study
DW Clonch presentation
U.S. Domestic Scan Program Peer Exchange on Maintenance Funding Levels
Mississippi report out presentation
Louisiana – 2017 Innovation Showcase
Minnesota Local Road Research Board: Retrofitting Bridge Approach Transitions Curbs – video
Missouri: Julie’s Automated Waste Removal System (JAWS)
– Fact sheet
– Local news segment
Washington State Innovation Program – Program overview and winners:
– Excavator-mounted mower
– Guardrail hook loader truck
– Mounted under-guardrail cleaner
– Portable lube skid
Texas’ Guadalupe River Project
Texas presentation – Overview, Challenges and Victories
No Boundaries Member-Only Content
Additional meeting materials are available to No Boundaries members. Please log in to access these files.